Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More Moments From Salajwe


These again are thought from my journal that I hope aren't too disorganized for you to understand. Cheers

  1. Paco had one end of the cut inner tube in his mouth & I would blow hard on the other end. His cheeks would puff out and then we'd laugh. (I'm still giggling) This was repeated at least 10 times.
  2. In my first workshop I noticed how literal each assignment was taken even for the teachers. It is very difficult to think outside the box. 5 min to pic the subject, 5 min to pick objectives, 5 min to plan, 20 min to formulate and discuss. Everything just takes longer and makes sure it es exactly right is the top priority. Maybe it's a fear of being wrong, subconscious fear of (corporal) punishment. Teachers should be encouraged to make mistakes, learn and go on.
  3. Masturbation can lead to cancer. (something I was told in a workshop) The points were, when the cells are heated and reheated time and again they can cause those cells to become cancerous. Rubbing the (female part) to hard causes inflammation. What...?
  4. Kgosi was fake fighting with me and to play fight back i did a, what I thought was gentle ankle pick. (just to make him stumble back a little) Well...he went down like a tone of bricks, bounced his face off the sand. Sand on his cheek and fright on his face he started to cry. It all happened so fast. I was so sorry, I picked him up and held him, telling him I was sorry and walking him around. Not long and he was done crying but still a little traumatized. I almost cried too.
  5. The next day (from the previous story) I was playing with Kgosi like nothing happened. Several days after that I'm pushing him on the tire swing and it happens again. His is sitting in it holding on with his arms above his head. I was pushing it hard, getting the max swing out of the rope length. At the peak of the swing, the rope snaps, tire goes flying and slams the ground, compressing his little body. Tears and surprise soon follow. I used the same comfort method as before and he seemed to understand it was an accident. :(
  6. We were digging in the garden today and pulled out a weave. Sick. A full weave of black fake hair.

And they just keep coming. Lucas

2 comments:

  1. Cancer from masturbation? I find this hard to believe. I mean almost anything can give you cancer so if you're operating on that belief then yes, but still I'm very skeptical.

    Sounds like you really like beating up on Kgosi, Lucas. Just kidding. I'm sure he has a blast hanging out with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey good to see the new post. sorry you two are apart. you know "the heart grows fonder" be looking for boxes from here and grandad rosss. cam

    ReplyDelete