Saturday, August 1, 2009

First time online in weeks...and

So we are in Moleps for the first time in weeks and I'm ready to put all this stuff online. All these pre-typed blog entries and pictures and it was going to be sweet. Well, over here there are viruses on like every computer so I couldn't even open my flash drive to get the stuff so i'm a little angry. Any way thats life. I have to reformat and start over ;{ NOt all bad. I'll tell you a few little anticdotes from Salajwe that I have been joting down as I go throught the day. Straight from my little note book:
  1. If you have dead mosquitos in your bath water you are a Botswana PCV.
  2. Some kids wear soccer cleats to shcool, it's their only shoes.
  3. I showed Onkometse how to drill with a hand drill and had him hang 3 hook on the cealing from my shoulders.
  4. Bring hand sanatizer when working with 63 small kids that love to touch you.
  5. "If you don't give the little kids a bath room break they urinate on the floor." -teacher
  6. Every kid has a razor blade or some sharp piece of metal to sharpen their pencil.
  7. Katie was cleaning wax out of her ear and pulled out a dead mosquito. They are every where here.
  8. Laughing and carrying on when Paco (3) whips it out and pisses off our porch right where everyone walk. No need to be shy, I think he took it hard when I scolded him and told him trees where better for peeing on.
  9. In the states you can get by with not knowing your eating an animal but here you see the chicken you're eating every day, you see what they eat and how they move and what they do. There isn't many steps between seeing something eating...and eating that something.
  10. Many more Americans would be vegetarian if they had to kill their own meat...fact.
This is just a taste of what I have pondered in my time here. More to come.
Lucas...we love the coments, we read them and know that people are reading what we write. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO at number 9. I had to read that one out loud for others to hear. You have another package in tow and probably something else stiring up here. Love the flat rate boxes. Do you need bug spray? You have to tell the camping baboon story. Mom gave me an exerpt that I didn't quite understand and then when Katie was telling me about it, the phone cut off. Send more letters if you can! Love you.

    ReplyDelete