Saturday, December 12, 2009

Merry, Merry Christmas from Botswana

Lucas and I want to wish all our friends and family a Merry Christmas. While you guys are gathered around a Christmas tree in sweaters, we'll be baking in the Kalahari Desert heat. A special thanks to those who sent gifts: Cyrena Ratliff, Amy and Donald Bryson, Chris and Cameron Ross, the Home Fellowship at The Heart and Amanada and Peterson families. Thanks to family, we do have a small Christmas tree and small stockings some Christmas music and even some decorations. But we do miss the smell of Christmas trees and snow.
You all have no idea how much you are appreciated and missed, especially around the holidays. Thank you again

Love
Katie and Lucas Scharmer



Lucas cutting out Christmas cookies


Kifilwe and friends helping decorate cookies


Look at all the goodness!!!!

3 comments:

  1. kate thats great on the pottery stuff. i will look on the internet for info on making glazes. what if we send some? that chicken story is prety funny. mom operated on a pig the other day. thats a hoot too.glade you got the boxes. xmas in botswana like it was in australia. too hot for santa suit. be safe we live you. dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all miss you guys too. I love hearing the stories. I told some of my friends about your survivor nights and they were impressed. I keep telling myself that I could do that, but I don't know if that's the truth. Merry Christmas. We'll be thinking about you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you guys! Maybe when it gets hotter you guys can do a post on how people stay cool in Botswana. I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete